Last night, the babies slept in their cribs for the 1st night instead of in our room. I'm not sure if they were just fussy in general last night, or if it was the new surroundings (even though I have been putting them in there for naps) but that was a loooong night! First, I was so scared I wouldn't hear them in there that I didn't really fall asleep. Then, starting when they woke up for their first bottle of the night, one or the other of them was awake for pretty much the whole night. It's like they take shifts staying awake as not to miss anything. :) I ended up sleeping (well, laying) on the floor in their room because one was pretty much always awake. But -- we have hopes that it will go better tonight!
In other news, Jack has outgrown newborn clothes, and Aiden is getting close! They both outgrew newborn diapers, and are now in size one! I even think Aiden's cheeks are getting pudgier, although I don't think he'll catch up to Jack anytime soon in that department! :)
The first week was the hardest - and even though we are still sleep deprived, we've got a routine now and I enjoy every minute of it! I'm comfortable taking them places on my own now, and they are such good babies. I am very, very lucky to have a really great husband, who is so good with them and helps so much. We love Daddy and miss him during the day!
I think they might be getting close to smiling - they sort of smile now, but at random times, like when they are sleeping or just looking around. They have new books that they like to look at from Nana and Nancy, and they are getting so good at following toys with their eyes. They are getting big fast! They love to watch the mobiles in their cribs now too!
I feel so very lucky that we have them - and I worry that I'll forget how little they were, and all the funny little things they do. Maybe that's why I'm so concerned about getting pictures of everything - and video. :) Someday I hope they know how very much we love them, and all the family and friends who love them too.
Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment