Our garage door spring.
Our garage door opener.
I'm sick. Again. Poor Blake has been doing most of the work around here and made it possible for me to REST yesterday.
An SUV ran a red light and now our car looks like this: ($2000 worth of damage). We are so thankful the boys weren't in the car.
And the final, most trivial but most maddening straw ..... my invitations that I spent so much time designing came in the mail and they were cut off on the sides! Totally unusable. And of course I don't have time to order new ones and wait for them to arrive, so I had to go buy ordinary invitations at the party store so I could get them in the mail. Boo.
But, a HUGE timesaver was that I sent a LOT of invitations electronically on facebook which is awesome.
But, enough complaining. This year, in 2010, I'm thankful for two healthy boys and a husband that I adore, a roof over our heads, that we each have a job, that we have family and friends we love and who are incredibly good to us.
I have many resolutions this year.
I am going to lose 20lbs despite my great love of food. :)
I'm going to digitally scrapbook 2009 (much easier and less messy than regular scrapbooking).
I'm going to survive having twin 1 year olds during the legislative session - when I know there will be many nights where I won't get home in time to see them, let alone get home before the wee hours of the morning. And I'm going to make it up to them this summer by taking tons of time off using my comp time and treasuring every moment I do have.
I'm going to be incredibly grateful to have a supportive husband who knows this is something I've worked incredibly hard for, and want so badly to succeed at it.
I'm going to care less about trivial things (ahem, birthday invitations!)
And I'm going to enjoy every moment I can of Jack and Aiden's babyhood.
I want to hear other people's New Year's Resolutions. Entertain me!

Great Christmas pictures! I hope you're feeling better soon - what a week you've had. My resolution? Floss every day. That's it. I can't handle making myself any more promises than that!
ReplyDeleteMy goal is to never see a positive number on the scale at my WW meeting, unless it is that time of month. I went 3 months without ever gaining weight, so I know I can do it again.
ReplyDeleteKelly